Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

Recently, in one of our many debates over the topic of tithing, my husband said to me, "Haven't I already given enough? I gave Him my daughter." At first I was shocked and upset because that is not the way I feel. But then I realized that I can't dishonor this statement, because it is the way that he feels. The truth of the matter is that, at times, the idea of "giving thanks" for anything after the death of a child can be difficult.

Today, on the second Thanksgiving we are spending away from our daughter, I give thanks t0 God for Emily Elizabeth Anne Eccles born on October 27th, just 12 days short of the one year anniversary of Brittney's journey home. May Brittney watch over her baby cousin just as she would if she were still here with us.

"Life is not about the breaths you take, it is about the moments that take your breath away" Author unknown

1 comment:

  1. What lovely tribute to the sweet memory of your daughter Brittney.
    My you always find that place in your heart where peaceful memories abound of your little girl...
    Many Blessings to you and your family,
    Terry B.

    ReplyDelete