Thursday, April 14, 2011

I MISS MY DAUGHTER; I LOVE MY LIFE

If I dropped something precious and it broke into pieces, I wouldn't go for the scotch tape or a glue stick to repair it. Yet that is what I have done all my life by following a path of self-reliance and one-dimensional faith. It was when I finally faced broken-ness that I couldn't attempt to fix on my own, that I first had the incredible experience of God's workmanship. He came in with steady hands and super-glue and restored the the pieces to a beautiful whole. I lost my precious Brittney and found a true relationship with God at the same time. I have thrown out the scotch tape, and am now turning it ALL over to the Man with the super-glue. In my whole life, I have never felt such peace. I miss my daughter...but I love my life of faith.

2 comments:

  1. From Jesus' words~
    "You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you." (Matthew 5:4 MSG)

    (Same verse in the NIV)... "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

    You my dear sister, are experiencing true blessedness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9

    You're grace and faith is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete