Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Time rolls on, and the mirror doesn't lie...but photo editor can fib a little!

Thank goodness, from the time she could operate one, Brittney was a camera junkie!  There are countless photos and videos of she and I, she and her friends, and quite often, a photo-shoot of her, done by her.  There are so many of these treasures, that I continue to find them almost four years after her death.  I have become accustomed to always posting profile pictures that include Brittney with me; it just helps me feel like she is still here and that has been an amazing coping tool.  Unfortunately, I continue to age, and considering the stress that naturally takes up residence in anyone who has lost a child, I am aging a little more rapidly now!  When I look in the mirror, I notice that I am quickly losing the youthful appearance that I was able to maintain before I lost my only child.  However, I recently discovered that technology offers a cheat!  Photo editing tools now offer a way to remove wrinkles, blemishes and basically any overt sign of aging from your photos.  I used to depend on Brittney for all my technological needs...she would be so proud of me for figuring this one out for myself!  I love and miss your larger-than-life personality Brittney, but you will forever be on my mind and in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment