Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blissfully Blind

As I looked into my aging cat's eyes today, I noticed a thin film and a lack of focus. It suddenly occured to me that she might be going blind. My first reaction was that if she loses her sight, her life will become difficult. Then almost immediately, the opposite thought hit me: Blindness can simplify life.

I have no experience with physical blindness, but I feel like I had my sight suddenly taken in another way. As a self-reliant person, and a moderate control-freak, I have always felt that I was in charge of my own destiny. When Brittney passed away, I lost all "sight" or sense of how to move forward. It was at this point that I became aware of the awesome power of blind faith.
My life became so much less complicated when I realized that someone far more competent and trustworthy than me is in charge.

2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know I'm here again.
    Love
    Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. His whisper became a shout! How great He is!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete